Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tram Pics!!! (part deux) (that's French) (I hope) (yup, I was right)

I left you guys with quite the cliff-hanger the other day. I know you were probably anxious to see if we all made it down safe and sound. Well you're going to have to wait a little longer (unless you skip to the end, which is cheating). On to the pictures!

Audrey and Dana hiking the ridge. (I told you there would be ridge hiking)


Frank decided not to wait for everyone else and began running up. This is a lot more impressive when you account for the fact that we were at 11,000 feet (running made my lungs burn).


Here I am about halfway up. Lost in the picture is the fact that my right foot is about 3 inches from a 100+ foot wall of shear rock, notice the look of concentration on my face as I attempt to remain with the living.


After much coaxing I got Audrey to join me on the ledge. Can you make out the look of terror in her eyes? (If you fall, you're going to have a bad time)


This is (one of) my lame attempts at "artsy" photography. My Dad always says, "put something in the foreground." You're welcome Dad.


Audrey got new shoes!!! Look how pretty they are. Quick story: We'd been trying to find hiking shoes for her over the course of a couple days. We went to a bunch of different stores around Salt Lake, but just couldn't locate a pair that didn't look like "boy shoes". Finally we found two candidates at REI. When the salesman came to help us he offered to show Audrey a couple other pairs, to which I replied, "she wants cute ones." Well this particular salesman obviously has a girlfriend because without missing a beat he said, "then these are the only option." True story.


This looks like it could be a jeans ad in a Patagonia catalog. (am I right?)


Jeans ad #2.


We really wanted to get a group shot, but considering we had just hiked far far away from any other people it was up to me to figure it out (notice I am not in this picture).


Luckily our new camera is equiped with a timer, so after a couple misses I finally got one with everybody in it.


The tram closed at 5 pm, and seeing how we did not want to get stuck walking down from the top of Snowbird we hustled back from our adventure.


Audrey is pumped to get back on.


Riding the tram back down to the base. (and looking good doing it!)


I don't shave on the weekends.


Back to the car. It's about 25 degrees warmer at the base.


I'll leave you with one more artsy shot. P.S. There are a ton of little creeks at the base that I've never seen before (they are buried in the winter).




5 comments:

bubbad said...

awesome Picts and trip! hopefully you'll get your package today!

Anonymous said...

Not only am I finally getting a daughter, she's a "shoe girl" as well...yeaaaaaaa!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add, Audrey, that they are cute.....

Anonymous said...

and that i am annonymous b/c i've forgotten how to do it the other way....

Matt said...

You just select "name" under the leave your comment part.